- Online Renewals
- Motor Vehicle Information
- Boat Registration
- Hunting and Fishing Licenses
- Trailer Registration
- Business Licenses
- Marriage Licenses
- Notary Public
- Hours and Holidays
- County Commission Information
- Commission Minutes
- Contact Us
Moving to Montgomery County
Follow the links below for license plate and title information.
If you are moving...
From another county inside Tennessee
You should have previously been issued a Tennessee plate and title
- The fee to renew a regular passenger plate is $54.50. We will validate your registration and issue a Montgomery County Sticker to go on the bottom of your plate
- Proof of identification ( More Information )
- Two proofs of residency ( More Information )
- Specialty License plates
From another state
Do you have your vehicle title from your previous state?
- Yes? Click here
- My title is held by a lienholder. (click here)
- My title is lost; You must obtain a title from your previous state.
**Note: In Kentucky, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, New York, Oklahoma, Wisconsin and Wyoming the owner, not the lien holder, keeps the title.