Due to heavy rains, numerous trees and power lines are down
throughout the county. Some roadways are also affected. If you come upon water in the roadway, remember don’t drown, turn around!
- You may apply for your marriage license Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- The marriage license application fee is $107.50. This fee will be reduced to $47.50 if the couple completes a minimum four hour premarital preparation course given by a qualified instructor. The instructor must complete and have a notarized signature on the Certificate of Completion form. This form must be submitted at the time of application.
- Accepted methods of payment are cash, MasterCard, Discover or VISA. The processing fee for credit/debit card use is 2% of the total cost plus 25¢.
- T.C.A. 36-3-104 requires that the names, ages, addresses and social security numbers of both the proposed applicants, and the names and addresses of the parents, guardian, or next of kin of both applicants be stated. If any applicant does not have a social security number, they must provide proof of foreign citizenship (A.G. Opinion 98-005). The applicant will then be required to present a foreign passport, immigration or visa documents.
- Both applicants must appear in the office to sign the permanent record book.
- There is not a waiting period. The license must be used within 30 days from the date of issue.
- The authorized officiant must return the completed license within 3 days from the date of the marriage.
- The State of Tennessee does not require a blood test.
- Both parties must be 18 years of age or older. A driver's license or Government issued photo ID with date of birth is required for identification. If either party is under the age of 18, contact the County Clerk's Office for additional requirements.
- A license issued in Montgomery County is valid throughout the State of Tennessee.
- Request a certified copy of a Marriage Certificate OR view marriage records by clicking here.
- Printable Marriage License Application
- Online Marriage License Application
- Who may solemnize a marriage?