Montgomery County Commission
2018-2022 Montgomery County Commissioners
Click on a commissioner's photo to send an email.
Click on a district name to view the boundaries of that
(Maps provided by the APSU: GIS Center.)
2020 Legislative Agenda
2019 Legislative Agenda
- Expand High Speed Broadband and Internet service to County areas by local/municipal providers.
- Amend TCA 41-8-103(11) to redefine “prisoner day” from the date sentenced to the department of correction to the
date convicted by the trial court; for compensation to Counties for detainees’ hold days when allowed credit for
- Start a juvenile detention center in Montgomery County.
- Create a plan for enforcing TCA 55-21-108; Handicap Parking.
- Amend TCA 5-6-108 to allow County Mayors access to examine County bank accounts.
- Revenue; local sales tax distribution for internet sales.
- Create legislation for TDOT to revive a proposal for the north loop of Interstate 840.
- Modify TCA 39-13-511(c) currently only recognizes the word “guard” regarding indecent exposure in a penal
facility. Request a word change to redefine or replacing it with “staff”.
- Amend TCA 39-14-402, burglary, to include the entering of a construction site or other place where construction,
rehabilitation, or remodeling is underway, and to have the same classified as a Class D felony.
- Allocate an additional General Sessions Judge for Montgomery County.
- Create an anti-panhandling law for the State of Tennessee.
- Encourage the Tennessee Department of Transportation to obligate funding for certain projects.