NOTICE: PASSPORT HOURS (Effective December 14, 2020)
Passport Applications will be accepted between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. No appointment required.
The following list contains information and required documents for obtaining a passport:
- DS-11: Application for a U.S. Passport*
- One 2x2 Passport Photo (Effective November 1, 2016, eye glasses will not be permitted in Passport Photos. For additional information, click here.)
- Certified Birth Certificate / Proof of U.S. Citizenship (for first time passports or to renew a minor’s passport)
- Former passport (for renewal through acceptance agency)
- Proof of Identity (valid driver’s license, passport, military ID or government issued ID). If driver's license was not issued in Tennessee, a secondary ID must be presented.
- If identification was issued in the last 6 months, a secondary ID must be presented.
- Two forms of payment (passport fee and execution fee). One form MUST be a check or money order for the U.S. Department of State.
- If the child is 15 years of age or below, they must be accompanied by BOTH parents. If one parent is unable to be present, then form DS-3053* must be completed for each child of the absent parent. The DS-3053 must be used within ninety days and a copy of the front and back of the absent parent's ID must accompany it. If form DS-3053* cannot be completed by the absent parent, please contact our office for further information.
- If the child is 16 or 17 years of age, only one parent is required to be present with the child.
- Beginning April 1, 2011, the U.S. Department of State requires the full names of the applicant’s parent(s) be listed on all certified birth certificates (regardless of age).
For up to date processing times, click here.
Renewing a Passport
For information on renewing a current passport, please visit the website www.travel.state.gov
To renew a passport without going through an acceptance facility read the following information:
- If renewing a passport that was issued less than 15 years ago, form *DS-82 is needed. Make sure “yes” can be answered to all of the questions on the front of the application before submitting to the U.S. Department of State. Failure to do so will result in the U.S. Department of State returning the application unprocessed.
- If the applicant is unable to answer “yes” to all of the questions, the applicant is required to renew through an Acceptance Facility and submit a DS-11 application.
*Please note, DS-82 applications must be mailed to the U.S. Department of State by the applicant. Acceptance Facilities are not authorized to accept these applications.
* For additional information, forms and travel alerts, visit www.travel.state.gov
Passport Fees - Effective December 27, 2021
The fees listed below are for routine service. Please call for expedited pricing.
|Fee Type||Passport Fee|
(make check payable to US Department of State)
(make check payable to Montgomery County Clerk)
|Passport Book Age 16 and Over, DS-11||$130||$35||$165|
|Passport Book Age 15 and Under, DS-11||$100||$35||$135|
|Passport Book By Mail, DS-82*||$130||N/A ||$130|
|Passport Card Age 16 and Over, DS-11||$30||$35**||$65|
|Passport Card Age 15 and Under, DS-11||$15||$35||$50|
*DS-82 applications must be mailed to the U.S. Department of State by the applicant. Acceptance Facilities are not authorized to accept these applications.
**The $35 Execution Fee is not charged when adults 16 and over with fully valid passport books apply for the passport card using a DS-82 form.