CMC Green Certification Program
Launched in March 2011 as an additional effort to sustain our community’s resources, the Clarksville-Montgomery County Green Certification Program was put in place to help organizations learn and implement best practices in the area of environmental stewardship. The program is supported by the County and City Mayors and led by business and government leaders who make up the Steering Committee. The idea for the CMCGCP originated from a Leadership Clarksville study group and is based on successful environmental initiatives from ISO 14001 and Environmental Management Systems. A series of free workshops taught by environmental and other subject area specialists are included in the program which is an educational component of Montgomery County Bi-County Solid Waste Management.
Our Vision for CMCGCP
Ten Reasons to Participate in the CMC Green Certification Program
- Conserve and preserve Clarksville-Montgomery County’s natural beauty and resources.
- Extend the life of our local landfill keeping costs down and preserving land.
- Air quality standards are at risk of not meeting EPA regulations in our community.
- Take a proactive approach to what will eventually become mandated practices.
- Earn recognition as an environmental leader in our community.
- Improve water management in our community.
- Save on bottom line costs for landfill, energy and water usage.
- Provides a marketing edge with customers.
- Provides a pride point for employees.
- A free program that is priceless to future generations.
If you are interested in becoming a part of the CMC Green Certification Program please fill out an application form or contact Michelle Newell, the Green Certification Program Manager at email@example.com or by calling (931) 245-1867 for more information.