Hunting and Fishing Licenses
Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency (TWRA) offers a variety of hunting and fishing licenses that can be obtained from the County Clerk's Office.
- Hunting and fishing licenses go on sale the 18th day of February each year and are valid until the last day of February the following year. Seasons are subject to change and license fees are also subject to change. Migratory bird seasons are determined by federal regulations.
- Most licenses, except the Lifetime Sportsman License and specialty licenses, such as Wheelchair, Disabled Veteran, SSI (Supplemental Security Income), and Blind Fishing licenses, are available from most county clerks, sporting goods stores, hardware stores, boat docks, online, and from all TWRA offices.
- For specialty licenses (Wheelchair, Disabled Veteran, SSI, Blind Fishing licenses, etc.), download an application here.
- The Lifetime Sportsman License cannot be purchased online. Applications for this license may be obtained by calling the TWRA Nashville Office (615-781-6500), any of the four regional offices, or you can download an application and mail it to TWRA.
- For a list of Tennessee hunting and fishing licenses and fees, click here.
Misplaced your license...?
- All hunting and fishing licenses can be replaced, including the Lifetime Sportsman License. Visit any TWRA license agent or TWRA Regional Office for a replacement. All duplicate licenses cost $7.00.
For Guides, Rules and Regulations, click here.
For Big Game Check-In Information, click here.