- Online Renewals
- Motor Vehicle Information
- Boat Registration
- Hunting and Fishing Licenses
- Trailer Registration
- Business Licenses
- Marriage Licenses
- Notary Public
- Hours and Holidays
- County Commission Information
- Commission Minutes
- Contact Us
Effective January 2017, a new Insurance Verification System will be launched by the Tennessee Department of Revenue. Drivers are advised to verify the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) on their registration and insurance card is correct. Insurance companies will report required policy information to the Department of Revenue. Drivers will not be required to submit proof of insurance unless the verification process does not confirm insurance coverage.
What the lessee should bring to the County Clerk's office:
- Current vehicle registration issued by your previous state. If the registration is expired by more than twelve (12) months, a copy of the title must be faxed to our office.
- Lease Authorization form and the Tennessee Sales Tax identification number from the leasing company. Download the Lease Authorization form.
- Proof of identification ( More Information )
- Two proofs of residency ( More Information )
(You must apply for title in your county of residence)
- The fee for a title and purchase of a license plate is $72.50.
(The new plate will be vaild for one year from the month purchased)
- If noting a lien, an additional $11.00 fee will apply.
- For leased vehicles, an additional $2.00 fee will apply.
- Leasing Company's Tennessee Sales Tax Identification Number