- Tax Investing
- Types of Property Taxes
- Change Mailing Address
- Property Tax Calculator
- Payments and Branches
- Appealing Assessment
- Tax Relief
- Delinquent Taxes
- Trustee Profile
- Our Staff
- Public Records Request Form
- Contact Us
Payments and Branches
Payment Options and Locations:
- By Mail: Montgomery County Trustee P.O. Box 1005; Clarksville, TN 37041. A stamped, self-addressed envelope is required for a returned payment receipt.
- By Check: Make check payable to the Montgomery County Trustee. Please include the top portion of your bill with your payment.
- Online Payment: https://mcgtn.org/trustee. By credit/debit card A 2.65% processing fee plus $1.00 is applied for online credit/debit card payments.
- By cash: In person at the Trustee's office or at certain bank locations (see below).
- Partial payments: Partial Payments for current year may be made at the Trustee's Office.
- Drop box: A tax payment drop box is located outside of the Trustee's Office at Veterans Plaza, 350 Pageant Lane. Available 24 hours for your convenience. Personal or business checks, cashiers checks and money orders only. Please Note: No cash payments!
- At the Trustee's Office: Veterans Plaza, 350 Pageant Lane, Suite 101-B, Clarksville, TN. Our office is open from 7:30 am until 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday, and Saturday mornings in February from 8:30 - 12:00 noon.
- In Office Credit/Debit Card Payments: We gladly accept Mastercard and Visa. We do not accept American Express or Discover. Montgomery County Government is unable to absorb credit card processing fees in the County Budget. (T.C.A. 9-1-108) Taxpayers using a credit card to pay property taxes will be charged 2.65% plus $1.00.
A $20.00 return check fee is added for checks returned to our office in amounts up to $2,000.00. Checks returned in excess of $2,000.01 are charged one percent (1%) of the face value of the check. In addition to this fee, the taxes paid by the returned check will become due and payable with any interest and penalty charges applicable.
|F & M BANK||PLANTERS BANK|
|2601 Wilma Rudolph Blvd||325 Commerce St.|
|1891 Madison St.||1835 Madison St., Suite D|
|2698 Madison St.||2019-A Ft. Campbell Blvd.|
|251 Dover Rd.||495 Dunlop Ln., Suite 101|
|90 College St.||894 Hwy 76, Suite 113|
|50 Franklin St.|
|CUMBERLAND BANK & TRUST|
|2034 Wilma Rudolph Blvd.|
|502 Madison Street|
|260 Dover Road|
|1780 Madison Street|
|400 Hwy 149|
2019 Property Tax Payments are accepted at these participating banks through February 28, 2020.
- You must present your entire original property tax notice to the bank.
- You must make payment in full either by cash or check, bank branches are not authorized to accept partial payments.
- Only current year property tax payments will be accepted. After February 28, 2020, all payments must be paid directly to the Montgomery County Trustee's Office or by mail.
- Bank personnel cannot answer tax-related questions. Please contact the Trustee's Office at (931) 648-5717.
- Tax Relief or Credit Card payments cannot be accepted at bank locations.
Please Note: Participating Banks are a collecting agent for Montgomery County Trustee.