Benefits at a Glance
Health Insurance Benefits.
Below are health benefit summaries intended to provide you with a brief explanation of our employee benefits plans.
- 2017 Benefit Summary
- BCBS Preferred Plan Summary
- BCBS Standard Plan Summary
- BCBS Evidence of Coverage Medical
- BCBS Evidence of Coverage Dental
- BCBS Dental Benefit Summary Option 1
- BCBS Dental Benefit Summary Option 2
- BCBS Vision Benefit Summary & Providers
- Generic First Step-Therapy
- Women's Health and Cancer Act
- Creditable Coverage Notice
- Mental Health Parity Act
- Fitness Facility Discounts
- BCBS $29 Fitness Discount
Principal Plan Summaries
- Principal Basic Life
- Principal Voluntary Life
- Principal VTL EE Rate Grid
- Principal VTL Dep Rate Grid
- Principal STD 1/8 Plan
- Principal STD 1/8 Rate Grid
- Principal STD 15/15 Plan
- Principal STD 15/15 Rate Grid
- Principal LTD
- 2017 Principal Discounts and Services
Healthcare Reform Care Act
Montgomery County Employee Policies
- Annual Leave Policy
- Sick Leave Policy
- Sick Leave Sharing Policy
- Family Care and Medical Leave Policy
- Insurance, Retirement & Flexible Spending Contacts
FMLA requires covered employers to provide up to 12 weeks of unpaid, job-protected leave to “eligible” employees for certain family and medical reasons. Employees are eligible if they have worked for a covered employer for at least one year, and for 1,250 hours over the previous 12 months, and if there are at least 50 employees within 75 miles.
- FMLA Notice of Eligibility, Rights & Responsibilities
- FMLA Certification of Health Care Provider for Employee's Serious Health Condition
- FMLA Certification of Health Care Provider for Family Member's Serious Health Condition
- Certification of Qualifying Exigency for Military Family Leave
- Certification for Serious Injury or Illness of Covered Service member for Military Family Leave
- FMLA Fitness for Duty Certification
- FMLA Designation Notice
- FMLA GINA Notice
Reasons for Taking Leave
Unpaid leave must be granted for any of the following reasons:
- to care for the employee’s child after birth, or placement for adoption or foster care;
- to care for the employee’s spouse, son or daughter, or parent, who has a serious health condition; or
- for a serious health condition that makes the employee unable to perform the employee’s job.
At the employee’s or employer’s option, certain kinds of paid leave may be substituted for unpaid leave.
Advance Notice and Medical Certification
The employee may be required to provide advance leave notice and medical certification. Taking of leave may be denied if requirements are not met.
- The employee ordinarily must provide 30 days advance notice when the leave is “foreseeable.”
- An employer may require medical certification to support a request for leave because of a serious health condition, and may require second or third opinions (at the employer’s expense) and a fitness for duty report to return to work.
Job Benefits and Protection
- For the duration of FMLA leave, the employer must maintain the employee’s health coverage under any “group health plan.”
- Upon return from FMLA leave, most employees must be restored to their original or equivalent positions with equivalent pay, benefits, and other employment terms.
- The use of FMLA leave cannot result in the loss of any employment benefit that accrued prior to the start of an employee’s leave.
Unlawful Acts by Employers
FMLA makes it unlawful for any employer to:
- interfere with, restrain, or deny the exercise of any right provided under FMLA;
- discharge or discriminate against any person for opposing any practice made unlawful by FMLA, or for involvement in any proceeding under or relating to FMLA.
- The U.S. Department of Labor is authorized to investigate and resolve complaints of violations.
- An eligible employee may bring a civil action against an employer for violations.
FMLA does not affect any Federal or State law prohibiting discrimination, or supersede any State or Local law or collective bargaining agreement which provides greater family or medical leave rights.
For Additional Information
Contact the nearest office of the Wage and Hour Division, listed in most telephone directories under U.S. Government, Department of Labor.
- Health Insurance, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee
- Tennessee Consolidated Retirement System
- Colonial Supplemental Insurance
- Medical & Dependent Care Flexible Spending
- Magellan EAP, Employee Assistance Program
- The Principal Retirement Services, 401K & 457
- USAble Life Insurance www.USAblelife.com