Montgomery County Government Offices will be closed on Monday, February 19 in observance of Presidents' Day. Montgomery County Departments will resume normal business hours on Tuesday, February 20.
Temporary Fireworks Tent Requirements
- It shall be unlawful for any person to sell or allow to be sold
any Class “A” or Class “B” fireworks within Montgomery County , TN.
(These classifications being defined in Tennessee Code Annotated,
- An approved portable fire extinguisher must be on the premise in accordance with NFPA 10.
- Guidelines under TCA 68-104-111 prohibit the presence of lighted
cigars, cigarettes, or pipes within ten (10) feet of where the fireworks
are offered for sale and is hereby declared unlawful and prohibited. At
all places where fireworks are stored or sold, there must be posted
signs with the words “FIREWORKS – NO SMOKING” in letters not less than
four (4) inches high.
- Fireworks stands must not be located within fifty (50) feet of
any flammable materials. Combustible materials, straw, wood chips, etc.
is not permitted on premises.
- Fire retardant tent must be labeled as approved by State Fire Marshall's office.
- It shall be unlawful to offer for retail sale or to sell any
fireworks to children under the age of ten (10) years without proper
identification, or to any intoxicated or irresponsible person in
accordance with TCA 68-104-112.
- Permits issued to retailers and seasonal retailers must be displayed in accordance with TCA 68-104-102, Section C.
- Copy of fireworks permit from the Department of Commerce & Insurance (for each tent location).
- Certificate or Affidavit of flame resistant tent from tent company.
- Notarized permission from the property owner, allowing tent to be placed on property (for each tent location).
- Site plan for each tent location.
- Fee for fireworks permit is $100 per location.
- Permits are good for thirty (30) days.
- Please call for a final inspection after set-up is complete.