Envelopes must be addressed as below to help us ensure your mail gets to the right person. Please include your return address so if there is an issue your mail may be returned to you. Please note the following updated mail guidelines:
- Be in a plain white envelope.
- Written on white lined paper with only blue or black ink.
- No other items are allowed inside with the letter.
- No photos to include photos printed on paper.
- No greeting cards and no glitter.
- No coloring on pages or envelope of any kind i.e. crayons, pencils, markers, etc.
- No signs of liquid staining on any part of the envelope or contents.
Jonathan Peter Doe #10001
First name, middle name, last name, Inmate ID Number
116 Commerce St.
Clarksville, TN 37040
- All incoming and outgoing mail is examined for criminal content and contraband.
- Do not put lipstick, perfume, paint, glitter ink, lamination, glue, stickers or tape on the envelope or anything contained with it. These items can be used to mask narcotics.
- Do not send any kind of money. Cash, checks and credit cards will be returned.
- Do not include blank sheets of paper, stamps or envelopes in the mail. These items are available on commissary.
- Any mail referencing criminal activity or Security Threat Groups (Gangs) will be returned.
- Letters that contain sexually explicit writing is not allowed
- Pictures are allowed but they can’t contain any nudity, drug use, criminal activity or gang signs.
- No Polaroid pictures. They can be used to hide drugs.
- Inmate to inmate mail is not allowed even if it is mailed by a third party or from another penal institution.
- Inmates are allowed 1 book by mail per week. Books must come from a publisher or distributor.
- We do not allow puzzle, coloring or comic books.
- Books must be paperback and not exceed allowable size. Larger books can be used as a weapon. Normal Paperback must be within 5” wide x8” tall x2” thick. Large Paperback must be within 6” wide x9½” tall x 1” thick. Weight not to exceed 12 Ounces.
- We do not allow any type of magazine.
- Photocopies of books, blank pages from coloring or puzzle books, newspaper and magazine clippings are not allowed.
- Do not include anything made of metal such as paperclips or staples.
- Greeting cards should be plain. If they play music, have thread, jewels, or ribbons they will be rejected. If the card is glued together the card will be taken apart to ensure it is thoroughly inspected for contraband.
- If for some reason the card can not be properly inspected without completely destroying it then it will be sent back.