Starting January 18, 2022, personal mail will no longer be accepted at the Montgomery County Jail or Workhouse. Mail intended for inmates at either facility must be sent to an offsite address, where it will be scanned, and available to view on inmate tablets. The actual letter will not be delivered to the jail, only an electronic copy. Legal mail will still be delivered to inmates, as per the current practice.
The new mailing address for inmates is:
Inmate First and Last name, and ID number
C/O Securus Digital Mail Center - Montgomery Jail
PO Box 977
Lebanon, MO 65536
- All incoming and outgoing mail is examined for criminal content and contraband.
- No signs of liquid staining on any part of the envelope or contents.
- Do not put lipstick, perfume, paint, glitter ink, lamination, glue, stickers or tape on the envelope or anything contained with it. These items can be used to mask narcotics.
- Do not send any kind of money. Cash, checks and credit cards will be returned.
- Do not include blank sheets of paper, stamps or envelopes in the mail. These items are available on commissary.
- Any mail referencing criminal activity or Security Threat Groups (Gangs) will be returned.
- Letters that contain sexually explicit writing is not allowed
- Inmate to inmate mail is not allowed even if it is mailed by a third party or from another penal institution.
- We do not allow puzzle, coloring or comic books.
- We do not allow any type of magazine.
- Photocopies of books, blank pages from coloring or puzzle books, newspaper and magazine clippings are not allowed.
- Do not include anything made of metal such as paperclips or staples.