Alert: The Assessor of Property Office, located in Veteran’s Plaza,
will be closed for mandatory employee training from noon to 4:30 p.m. this
Friday, July 21. Please note that many Assessor of Property services such as
searching real property data, aerial maps, and property valuation are available
on the Assessor of Property web page at https://mcgtn.org/assessor. The Assessor of Property Office will resume normal business
hours from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on Monday, July 24 and apologizes for any
inconvenience the brief closure may cause.
Driver Improvement Program Eligibility
MONTGOMERY COUNTY GENERAL SESSIONS COURTS DRIVER IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM ELIGIBILTY REQUIREMENTS & INFORMATION
- Only persons cited for the following violations are eligible for this program:
- Speeding (1 to 20 mph over speed limit)
- Drivers to Exercise Due Care
- Failure to Obey a Traffic Control
- Failure to Obey a Traffic Signal
- Failure to Yield Right-of-Way
- Failure to Yield (Entering from private drive)
- Following to Close
- Stop Signs
- Turning at Intersections (Driving in center lane)
- Crash Helmet Required
- You are not eligible if you have attended a driver improvement course or traffic school in any jurisdiction within the past two years.
- You are not eligible if you were cited for speeding in a school zone or a construction zone.
- You are not eligible if you are a holder of a Commercial Drivers License.
- You must prepay your court costs ($210.50) and program fees ($78.50) in full (total $289.00), none of which are refundable, to the General Sessions Court Clerk’s Office located at 2 Millennium Plaza, Suite 115, Clarksville, TN
- You must register and complete the program 72 hours prior to the trial date shown on your citation. This is the only driver improvement program that has been approved by the General Sessions Courts of Montgomery County.
- If the citation contains multiple offenses that are eligible and you desire to take the Driver Improvement Program you must appear in court for the Judge to make a ruling.