Driver Improvement Program
Montgomery County General Sessions Court Driver Improvement Program Eligibility Requirements & Information
- Only persons cited for the following violations are eligible for this program:
- Speeding (1 to 20 mph over speed limit)
- Drivers to Exercise Due Care
- Failure to Obey a Traffic Control
- Failure to Obey a Traffic Signal
- Failure to Yield Right-of-Way
- Failure to Yield (Entering from private drive)
- Following to Close
- Stop Signs
- Turning at Intersections (Driving in center lane)
- Crash Helmet Required
- You are not eligible if you have attended a driver improvement course or traffic school in any jurisdiction within the past two years.
- You are not eligible if you were cited for speeding in a school zone or a construction zone.
- You are not eligible if you are a holder of a Commercial Drivers License.
- You must prepay your court costs ($210.50) and program fees ($78.50) in full (total $289.00), none of which are refundable, to the General Sessions Court Clerk’s Office located at 2 Millennium Plaza, Suite 115, Clarksville, TN
- You must register and complete the program 72 hours prior to the trial date shown on your citation. This is the only driver improvement program that has been approved by the General Sessions Courts of Montgomery County.
- If the citation contains multiple offenses that are eligible and you desire to take the Driver Improvement Program you must appear in court for the Judge to make a ruling.
Registration Form for tickets issued in Montgomery County.
Registration Form for tickets NOT issued in Montgomery County.
Driver Safety Program
Driver Education Programs offered through County Government provide alternative resources to traffic offenders for both adult and youth while providing driver education services to drivers educating and reminding them of safe driving to reduce traffic fatalities and crashes. Over 1,000 drivers participate each year in county offered programs and over $60,000 in revenue is generated. Child passenger safety checks are conducted to ensure proper child restraint installation and provide education. For more info visit here.