What is eBenefits?
eBenefits is a portal; a central location for Veterans, Service Members, and their families to research, find, access, and, in time, manage their benefits and personal information.
- A personalized workspace called My Dashboard that provides quick access to eBenefits tools. Using eBenefits tools, you can complete various tasks. You can apply for benefits, download your DD 214, view your benefits status, in addition to other actions as needed. This workspace is available to you once you have created an eBenefits account
- A catalog of links to other sites that provide information about military and Veteran benefits
- Summary of benefits letter (This letter shows monetary compensation for income verification)
- Veteran's preference letter
- Anonymous (no need to login, very little access)
- Basic (login, limited access)
- Premium (login, unlimited access)
We're working to streamline the processes for applying and accessing your benefits
The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) and Department of Defense (DoD) are committed to improving the online experience for you, our veterans and service members. Since our inception in 2009, we have added more than 30 features that allow direct access to your benefits and personal information. Look for additional feature and process enhancements in future quarterly releases.
Why was eBenefits Created?
The President's Commission on Care for America's Returning Wounded Warriors (Dole/Shalala) was established by Executive Order 13426 in March 2007. The Commission recommended the creation of a “My eBenefits” (aka eBenefits) web portal that would provide Service Members, Veterans, their families and authorized caregivers with a single sign-on, central access point to clinical and benefit data.