Contact Info.

MoCo Government News
1 Millennium Plaza
Clarksville, TN 37040

Phone: (931) 648-8482
Email: [email protected]

Social Media

Important Tornado Information

Press Conference Dec. 10, 2023


The American Red Cross has financial assistance available for people whose primary home was destroyed or is unlivable due to the Tennessee tornadoes.  The last day for this immediate financial assistance will be 1/16/2024.

To be eligible for this program, households must meet these three requirements:

  • Your pre-disaster primary residence (renter or homeowner) is in a confirmed disaster-impacted geographic area in Tennessee and is either destroyed or has sustained significant structural damage that requires extensive repairs, or the damage is so severe that repairs are not feasible.

This may include substantial failure of the roof, walls, or foundation, or a water line above 18 inches.

You must be able to provide proof of identity and residence.

We ask people to apply for federal Disaster Assistance at or by calling 800-621-3362. However, approval for FEMA assistance is not a requirement to receive Red Cross financial assistance.

FEMA Grants Won’t Affect Other Benefits

Applying for federal disaster assistance from FEMA will not affect other federal benefits that Tennesseans may receive. FEMA disaster grants are not taxable income. Accepting a FEMA grant will not affect eligibility for Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits or other federal programs.

If You Have Insurance

If you had damage from the December tornadoes, you may qualify for FEMA disaster assistance even if you have insurance. File your insurance claim and apply to FEMA. FEMA cannot duplicate insurance benefits, so you will need to provide FEMA with documentation when your insurance claim is settled. If you have costs that are not covered by insurance, FEMA can determine whether you are eligible for assistance. Don’t hesitate. File the claim and apply to FEMA.

Understanding Your Letter From FEMA

After you apply for assistance, you will receive a letter or email from FEMA. The letter will explain your application status and how to respond. It is important to read the letter fully because it will include the amount of any assistance FEMA may provide and information on the appropriate use of disaster assistance funds. You may need to submit additional information or supporting documentation for FEMA to continue to process an application for financial assistance. Examples of missing documentation may include proof of insurance coverage, settlement of insurance claims, proof of identity, proof of occupancy, proof of ownership or proof that the damaged property was your primary residence at the time of the disaster. If you have questions about the letter, visit a Disaster Recovery Center or call FEMA at 800-621-3362.

SBA Disaster Loans

The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) offers low-interest disaster loans for homeowners, renters, businesses and nonprofit organizations to cover losses not fully compensated by insurance and other sources. Apply online at Loan information and applications can also be obtained by calling 800-659-2955. If FEMA refers you to the SBA, it is important to submit the disaster loan application. If approved, you do not have to accept a loan but failure to submit the application may disqualify you from other possible financial assistance from FEMA and the state of Tennessee. SBA is operating Business Recovery Centers at Clarksville-Montgomery County Regional Planning Commission and Hendersonville Area Chamber of Commerce.

Other Types of Assistance

Disaster Distress Helpline: Call 800-985-5990, visit or text TalkWithUs for English or Hablanos for Spanish to 66746 to connect with a trained crisis counselor. If American Sign Language (ASL) is your primary or preferred language, use your videophone to call 800-985-5990 or click on “ASL Now” at

Disaster Unemployment Assistance: Apply at or call 877-813-0950 from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. CT Monday through Friday. The application deadline is Jan. 16, 2024, for Davidson, Dickson, Montgomery and Sumner counties; deadline is Jan. 29, 2024, for Cheatham, Gibson and Stewart counties.

Disaster Legal Services Hotline: Call 844-435-7486.

Disaster Recovery Centers Open in Montgomery and Sumner Counties

Tennessee Emergency Management Agency and FEMA have opened a Disaster Recovery Center in Cheatham County to help people affected by the December tornadoes.

Center location:

Cheatham County: McCullough Community Room, 334 Frey St. Ashland City

8 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday-Saturday 

1 p.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday 

Previously opened:

Davidson County: Nashville Public Library, 610 Gallatin Pike S., Madison, 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday-Saturday, 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday.

Dickson County: Bibb-White Bluff Civic Center, 1054 Old Charlotte Rd., White Bluff; 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday-Saturday, 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday.  

Montgomery County: Clarksville-Montgomery County Public Library, 350 Pageant Lane #501, Clarksville; 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday-Thursday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Friday-Saturday, 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday. 

Sumner County: Gallatin Public Utilities, 239 Hancock St., Gallatin; 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday-Saturday, 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday.

Disaster Recovery Centers provide disaster survivors with information from Tennessee state agencies, FEMA and the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA). Survivors can get help applying for federal assistance, learn about the types of assistance available, learn about the appeals process and get updates on applications.

Storm survivors in Cheatham, Davidson, Dickson, Gibson, Montgomery, Stewart, and Sumner counties may be eligible for FEMA financial assistance for temporary lodging, basic home repairs, personal property losses and other uninsured disaster-related expenses. Survivors can visit any center for help.

In addition to visiting a center, homeowners and renters can apply by going online to, using the FEMA mobile app  or calling 800-621-3362. The phone line is open daily, and help is available in most languages. If you use a relay service, such as video relay (VRS), captioned telephone or other service, give FEMA your number for that service.

Disaster Recovery Centers are accessible to people with disabilities. They have assistive technology equipment that allows disaster survivors to interact with staff. Video Remote Interpreting is available and in-person sign language is available by request. The centers also have accessible parking, ramps and restrooms.

For information on Tennessee’s disaster recovery, visit Follow FEMA on X, formerly Twitter, at and at Follow Tennessee Emergency Management Agency at

City-Offered Tornado Assistance

In the aftermath of the devastating tornado that struck our community on December 9, the City of Clarksville is committed to supporting residents in their long-term recovery. Recognizing the challenges faced by those affected, the city has launched a comprehensive assistance program encompassing various initiatives, including home repair, home demolition, rebuilding, rental assistance, and other support. To be eligible for assistance, applicants must live in the tornado-affected area and meet specified income criteria.

Applicants are strongly encouraged to prioritize applying for assistance from FEMA, the Small Business Administration (SBA), and the American Red Cross before seeking support from the City of Clarksville. These organizations play a crucial role in providing immediate relief and resources to affected individuals.

The City of Clarksville is collaborating with local non-profit organizations, the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), the Tennessee Housing Development Agency (THDA), and volunteer organizations within Clarksville. By leveraging these partnerships, the city aims to maximize the resources available to residents and provide a holistic approach to long-term recovery. 


FEMA Recovery Assistance:

Step 1: Register with FEMA at 1-800-621-3362

Tennessee homeowners and renters in Davidson, Dickson, Montgomery, and Sumner counties who had uninsured damage or losses caused by the severe storms on Dec 9, 2023, may apply for FEMA disaster assistance FEMA Federal Emergency Management Agency please call 1-800-621-3362.

For an accessible video on how to apply for assistance go to, Three Ways to Apply for FEMA Disaster Assistance - YouTube

FEMA may be able to help with temporary lodging, basic home repair costs, or other disaster-caused needs.

Step 2: Register with the Red Cross at 1-800-REDCROSS

Provide the following:

  • Address and Zip Code
  • Condition of your damaged home
  • Insurance Information
  • Social Security Number
  • Phone number where you can be contacted
  • An address to receive mail or an email address

You can also register online at


  • Monetary Donations: United Way of Greater Clarksville
  • FEMA has also relocated to the Clarksville-Montgomery County Public Library, 350 Pageant Lane. If interested, please call 1-800-621-3362 or visit for more information.
  • Acme Athletics at 2232 Madison St. will be taking food and toy donations (no clothing). Impacted residents have been invited to come and "shop' for free and pick out clothing, food, toys, etc.. for their families. They have set up a 'pop-up' shop. They have assisted roughly 20 families so far today.
  • YMCA and FCKY are open to providing resources to soldiers and families (850-625-4278)


  • Thirsty Goat is offering free meals for the rest of the year to those affected by the tornado.
  • Sheiks Vegan Eats is providing free food to those who have been displaced by the tornado. They are also accepting donations to go toward meal prep so they can assist those who are staying in hotels and are unable to cook. Contact them at 931-538-5704 or @sheikveganeats
  • Camacho’s Famous Pizzeria and Tavern, located at 102 Hwy 76, has donated meals for those impacted by the tornado. They are also accepting donations.
  • Caprigios Pizza is giving free pizza and drinks to all first responders at 620 Dunlop Lane, Suite 119, and across from Tennova from 11 a.m. - 8 p.m.
  • Manna Cafe, 503 D Street (serving a hot meal every evening at 5:30 pm) Additionally, groceries are distributed Monday, Wednesday, and Friday 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. at the side of their building located at 605 Providence Blvd. (Bring ID and proof of residency)..


  • YaiPak Outreach
  • Acme Athletics, 2231 Madison Street (includes, supplies, diapers, formula, clothing, coats, food, water, baby toys, pack and plays, and more. Pick up times Mon-Thurs 10 am -6 pm).
  • Academy Sports and Outdoors, 130 South Hampton PI., has pallets of water on site. In addition, the store is stocked up on propane, batteries, and other disaster relief essentials.
  • Clarksville Area Urban Ministries Grace Assistance Program located at 217 S. Third St. is open Monday-Friday from 8 AM - Noon with food, clothing, and hygiene items. 931-648-9090
  • The Armed Services YMCA on Fort Campbell is helping families with food, diapers, clothing, and toiletries.


  • TOPDOWN Roofing provides tarping and inspections (615) 579-0758  No Answer, leave a Voice Message.
  • Southern Roofing and Renovations Clarksville is tarping and boarding up homes for free (contact them directly).
  • Areawide Restoration, LLC is out Tarping this afternoon; call (931)801-8034 Not Charging Right Now.
  • Martinez Constructions is in Oak Grove doing tarping (270)807-9461 Charging now so the customers can show invoices to insurance.
  • Luna Construction (270) 291-2114 Some people already did it for free, if needed.
  • Big Timber Roofing is tarping and doing inspections all day Monday (call 931-472-5055) Voicemail is full - not receiving messages.

Property Cleanup:


  • U-Haul is offering 30 days of free self-storage and U-Box container usage to victims of the tornadoes at these locations:
  1. U-Haul Moving & Storage of Clarksville, 712 Providence Blvd,. 931-647-8028
  2. U-Haul Moving & Storage at Wilma Rudolph, 2830 Wilma Rudolph Blvd. 931-648-0500
  3. U-Haul Storage of Oak Grove, 8475 Pembroke Oak Grove Road, 270-605-5172
  • Storage Sense is offering 30-60 days of free self-storage to victims of the tornadoes. They are located at 560 Tiny Town Road. A $25 administration fee and $15 insurance will still apply. 931-431-3344
  • Stor-Alot Self Storage is offering storage units at all locations at no charge, including administrative fees, until February 1, 2024, to anyone affected by the tornado. This is only for new move-ins where people need somewhere to store their belongings from the storm. You can "Rent a unit" directly from the website (after making a selection, under "Select Discount," choose "Tornado Relief"). Some documentation may be required.

Pet Resources:

  • The Pet Studio is collecting supplies for displaced pets and families
  • The Ruff Life Resort is taking donations for pet supplies from Monday, 7 am-6 PM, and Saturday, 8 AM-3 PM. If anyone needs emergency pet supplies, contact Ruff Life Resort directly
  • Alicia’s K9 Kuts & Feline Fridays INC is taking in any displaced pets (directly message).
  • RedRoof Inn is pet-friendly
  • Animal Guest House, Pet Bed & Breakfast is boarding displaced pets (message them directly)
  • Ketchum Kennels Boarding & Foster Care is boarding displaced pets (567)356-1616
  • Overwatch Animal Hospital is doing one-week boarding for displaced animals (931)551-9898
  • Mikaela's Mutt Motel, 788 Gardendale Lane, has a lost and found pet list compiled to help reunite families. The non-profit organization also has a chip scanner if an animal is found.

Replacement ID/Birth Certificates:

  • ID: KIOSK at City Hall & North Center Gas & Water 111 Cunningham Lane or  Driver's Services
  • Birth Certificates: Health Department at 330 Pageant Lane.

Resources for Veterans:

  • Go to the Disabled American Veterans building #5663 on Fort Campbell. Same-day checks will be cut.
  • Contact Operation Stand Down at