The County Commission Meeting on August 1 will be held at 7 p.m. due to a conflict with another meeting. All other commission meetings are regularly scheuled for 6 p.m.
- Place homeless animals in loving homes through adoptions and the "Animal Wish List"
- Excellent adoption program with spay/neuter certificate and rabies vaccination certificate included in fee
- Impound stray, nuisance and surrendered animals and provide humane treatment while in our custody
- Identify and reunite lost pets with their owners via lost and found reports, scanning for microchips and rabies tags
- Protect the public from dangerous or vicious animals
- Investigation of cruelty, neglect, rabies and bite complaints pertaining to animals
- Aid in the control of animal diseases and serve as the local rabies control authority
- Quarantine of stray biting animals for rabies observation and/or prepare for state lab
- Euthanize homeless, unwanted, sick, injured or unadoptable animals
- Provide education programs on the importance of spaying and
neutering, responsible pet ownership, animal behavior and bite
prevention to persons of all ages
- Provide service to citizens, while enforcing Tennessee State laws and local ordinances as related to animals.
- Provide 24 hour on-call service, dispatched through Police or Sheriff's Department.