New Hire Information
Welcome to the Montgomery County Government Team!
We’re delighted you’ve chosen to use your extraordinary talents to take Montgomery County Government and your department to new heights. Your skills will be invaluable to the county and the overall success your department.
We want to ensure your first day goes as smoothly as possible. Here are some key things you should know:
- What: New Hire Orientation
- When: Start Date and 7:45am
- Where: Human Resources Department; 1 Millennium Plaza, Suite 111, Clarksville
- Who: Sponsor/HR Rep.
During orientation the Mayor or a member of his staff will formally welcome you to the county. You will also meet your Human Resource team who will be with you throughout your time with the county. During orientation you will receive an overview of Montgomery County Government, Benefits, Safety and Risk Management Information; Workplace Expectations and Key Policies to include Diversity and Harassment.
A parking pass will be provided which will allow you to park for free at any of the metered spots or in the large parking lot on Commerce and 2nd street; which is directly across from the court center.
Below you will find a link to the New Hire Packet; which contains the required documentation for your new position with Montgomery County. In order to prevent any delays in your processing these documents must be completed and brought with you to orientation along with required ID. The New Hire Packet (link) consist of the following documents:
- New Employee Orientation Checklist
- You must bring 2 forms of ID.
- Please see I-9 Form (list A, B, C) for acceptable forms of ID; examples: valid driver’s license and social security card or a valid passport.
- Employee Contact Information
- W-4 Form
- Direct Deposit Form—bring a voided check or your bank account and routing number for payroll purposes.
- For insurance purpose bring your Beneficiaries/Dependents information to include name, address, date of birth and social security number.
- Benefits Summary for Full Time Employees: Please review these documents and if necessary discuss with your significant other. These forms are for review and informational purposes only. You will be provided more information and benefit election forms at orientation.
*Arriving to orientation late or without completing the above information and/or failing to bring the necessary forms of ID; may delay your start date one week.
We look forward to you joining our team and if you have any questions regarding the New Hire Packet or what you need to have on your first day, please contact Brenda Pulley or Pamela Clark in the Human Resources Department at 931-648-5715. Thank you and Welcome Aboard.
Human Resource Director
1 Millennium Plaza Suite 111
Montgomery County, TN
Office: 931-648-5715 ext. 12310